Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Monday, January 27, 2014

Cold in Ohio ........ and everywhere .....

Monday night around 10:15, and it is COLD ... I can feel the cold air coming in from the window. The current temperature is 0 ... just plain 0. That is cold. I am wearing one of those Snuggie things, Caleb is laying next to me, partially under the Snuggie also. This is not me, but almost exactly represents how I am presently sitting on the couch.

I will admit I am a bit frightened by this weather, I fear that something might go wrong with the furnace, and I greatly fear for all the people and animals that have to be exposed, outside, to these temperatures. I probably won't sleep well tonight, if at all. I think part of my fear comes with my age, youth are not bothered by such things, the elderly, in my case, are.

Just in case, I have many things filled with drinking water, and water in the bath tub, just in case our power goes out, use that to flush the toilet. Have not seen temperatures like this in quite a spell, so not sure what all goes with it, obviously, nothing good. I wonder how much lower it will go, I could watch the news, but find that terribly depressing, and they emphasize those "wind chill factors. The regular temp is bad enough, so they add those WCF's to their broadcasts.

I freely admit, a tune has been running through my head, now, and most of the time, Vestal Goodman, "Till the Storm Passes By." I have it playing now, as I write this, it is a bit comforting. In some ways, many of us are, in His hands tonight. Not too many places to turn on a night like this.....

From the dark of the midnight have I oft hid my face
White the storm rolls above me and there's no hiding place
Neath the crash of the thunder, precious lord hear my cry
Keep my safe till the storm passes by

Til the storm passes over and the thunder sounds no more
Til the clouds roll forever from the sky, hold me fast let me stand in the
Hollow of  your hand, keep me safe, til the storm passes by

I pray all are warm and safe tonight ...................