Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Monday, January 27, 2014

Inquiries from outer space ....

Hello, you wanted to speak with me, you have a question, you are from what planet?

Well, I have to admit, I didn't watch the show.

This photograph, well, I guess these were people who won awards at the show, for something ...

Ah, no, I really don't know any of them, no, we don't all look and dress like that, remember, these are musicians, and I guess they have to look like this to compensate for, well, perhaps, a lack of musical talent, I really don't know.

What planet are you from? Is that close to us. Oh, that close, you get to see our TV ... ya, I understand why you might have some questions. She may be praying, you mean the one in the back, no, I don't think the spaceman is praying too, maybe they are looking at something on the floor.

OK, two guys from outer space, an Indian, a black guy in shades, I think the little guy is named Paul, I don't recognize any of the others.

I don't know what they won, or what they won it for, no, I don't think the little guy is scared, I think he does his hair that way, no, he is not from India, I don't think .... sorry you only get our TV, we're not all that way, what, no I don't know Lavern or Shirley, ya, I think Squiggy is still alive, the Redhead you saw all the time, no, she is gone, the bongo guy, him too ..... how many channels do you get?