Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Friday, January 24, 2014

how many more are there? Admiration for her..........

ABC anchor Elizabeth Vargas has checked into rehab for alcohol abuse, the New York Daily News reported on Wednesday.

Vargas, who co-anchors "20/20" and was briefly a co-anchor of "World News," told the paper that she is one of the many people struggling with addiction.

"I realized I was becoming increasingly dependent on alcohol," she said, "and feel fortunate to have recognized it for the problem it was becoming. I am in treatment and am so thankful for the love and support of my family, friends and colleagues at ABC News. Like so many others, I will deal with this challenge one day at a time. If coming forward today gives one other person the courage to seek help, I’m grateful.”

The Daily News said that Vargas will return to "20/20" in a few weeks. She is by no means the first media figure to battle addiction. Former Fox News anchor Laurie Dhue, for instance, has openly discussed her problems with alcohol.

“Getting sober is the greatest decision I ever made in my life," she told Glenn Beck. "It was the best thing I ever did for myself, for my family, and for the community at large."

An ABC News spokesman told the Daily News that the network is behind Vargas completely.

"Elizabeth is a member of our family, and we will support her in every way we can,"