Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Monday, January 27, 2014

Monday Morning 1/27/14

Postponed my cataract procedure again, now, February 24, I hope the weather is better. Cold and snow outside, but I would have to make a return visit to the eye doctor, and tomorrow is colder and much worse. Hope the weather is better in February.

I missed that football game last night. From the sound of the results, it was scripted to keep everyone on the edge of their seats, last second win, "Made for TV" would be my guess. 

The Super Bowl, the TV show about football, where the commercials are occasionally interrupted by a bunch of millionaires playing a game, outside, in New Jersey, in the Wintertime, what a great idea. Many years ago, may have been the first game, we were visiting my wife's Grandmother, very old, lived in the country, always had, still cooked on an old wood stove, a saint if there ever was one. lived to be over 100. Her 80 plus year old son and I were sitting out on the steps chatting. All  the "buzz" on TV was the Super Bowl, everyone was talking about it

"Are you getting excited and going to watch the Super Bowl, Paul?"

"Well, our TV went out a few years ago, and we just haven't gotten around to getting it fixed."

That comment I often think of when I need to get things back into their proper perspective. I'm certain, if they were both still with us, and I mentioned the freezing temperatures, the snow, their comment would probably be, "It's Winter."

I still am very concerned, though about a "people" who spend BIG bucks to construct an ice skating rink, outside, in New York, Yankee Stadium, in the Winter to have a hockey game. The fifty thousand plus fans had to wait for the clouds to cover up the sun before they could play. The one they constructed in California apparently fared better. The lengths that we go to in the name of entertainment are extraordinary, and probably within a short distance of each venue, a number of homeless are living. Not something I understand that easily, I guess.