Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Thursday, January 16, 2014

Well, I just watched the evening news ........

........... and, we're all gonna die. I felt pretty good at 6:30 when the news started, I felt pretty good, now 6:45 and all hope is lost. Fires in California, drought in California, Snow in the Midwest, bad water, helicopters crashing, the guys who have their hands on the nuclear button are stoned and cheating on their tests because they are stoned. I would rather have someone with that responsibility, not on drugs, I think.

All of that in about ten minutes, and I was feeling pretty good, thankfully, we are now having about ten minutes of commercials. Oh good, Australia is having a heat wave, aw, too hot to play tennis, Australian Open. Two old time actors died, I remember them both.

But, with all of that, the big news is The Oscars, the nominees are out. If that guy with the RED button gets too high on drugs, he might accidentally hit the button, whoops, no Oscars. I am getting too old, all those names of all those nominees and I recognized not one of them.

The good news, I went to my Family Doctor yesterday, "Come back in a year." I love his optimism. My BP was good, lungs good all good.

Apparently, with all that is going on, there is not a lot of concern in Washington. The big story there, tomorrow is the birthday of Mrs. Obama, she will be 50, I did that 31 years ago, not as elaborate as her celebration will be, I am sure.

Ugh oh, more news coming on .....