Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Tuesday, August 27, 2013

YOU NEED this .... I heard it on the TV

I like marketing and advertising, they are awesome in their capacity to control millions of people.

Saw one tonight and had to wonder, how and when it happened. Case in point, the Sleep Number Mattress. It got me to thinking about my life so far, all 80 years. The first years I cannot account for, then, I had a regular box spring and mattress, not sure what kind, but as I recall I slept well.

I remember when Fall rolled around, and those cooler nights. Mom would break out the Hudson Bay Blankets that had been stored in moth balls all Summer. I still remember crawling under those crisp, clean sheets and then Mom would pull up that Hudson Bay blanket, we had the red, blue and green, I generally got the red one. That Cedar odor is fresh in my minds-eye today. The introduction of that odor meant so much, Fall, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, introduced a whole new season. I slept on that mattress, well, until 1950.

From that point on, for a number of years, college and the Navy, thin little mattresses on steel slats, held to the frame by springs, nothing fancy, but I slept well.

I don't know how much better I would sleep on an adjustable mattress, know I would toss and turn over spending so much money on a mattress.

Cost, I have spent a number of night is perhaps the most expensive beds, those new ones in the hospital, some going for six figures, they weight me, have unlimited positions, call the nurse, telephone, TV, adjustable in many ways, and I have not, ever slept well on one of them. So, money has nothing to do with it.

But, watch the ad, YOU must have one to get a good night sleep ..... advertising