Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Monday, August 26, 2013

I told you there were a few good ones left .......

Recently, Escambia County, Florida Deputy First Class Nicole Coxwell was shopping at a Wal-Mart. She stood in the checkout line behind a single mother who was struggling to pay for both groceries and back to school supplies for 3 children.  The mother was also trying to buy shoes for them.  She had picked them from the clearance rack, but she still did not have enough money to buy the shoes.

“I could see the shame and embarrassment on the mother’s face and the sadness that it brought to her little boy,” Coxwell said. “I did what I hope any one of you would do. The mother, the child, and I all had tears in our eyes as I paid for the child’s shoes.”

The Wal-Mart incident was personal to Coxwell, because her own mother was a single parent before she remarried. Their family may have been short on cash, but their love for one another is abundant.

“I watched my mother work two jobs and put herself through nursing school, in addition to trying to raise a family on her own,” Coxwell said. “She did everything she could to make sure that my brother and I were provided for, even if it meant that she had to do without.”