Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Saturday, August 31, 2013

SMI - 8/31/13

My cold, or whatever is better today, slept some last night, so getting ready for an afternoon of football. I set my wife up for her "demos" and that makes me forget about feeling sorry for myself, I get to "bitch" a lot at her, drive there, set her up and drive back, and, oddly enough, I feel much better since I have done that.

I had a paragraph written here, about firemen stopping traffic at a BUSY intersection collecting money for MDA, but I decided not to print it. I enjoy being held up in traffic, being late to an appointment and having a smelly boot stuck in the window. DONATE - GAMBLE, probably in the trillions a year.

I am in greater awe all the time of Krogers, and all grocery stores. I think we take too much for granted. Just think of the amount of product in the store, how it got there, the logistics involved. Heinz Catsup end cap display had about plastic bottles, and there were other displays in the store of the same product, and that was just one brand, in one store. I  cannot conceive how much catsup they must produce to fill all the orders. We are spoiled, we go to the store and expect them to have every product in stock, on shelves, that we want to purchase. I have seen the "mountains" of product that comes in the back, and the army of employees it takes to get it on the shelves, I saw we should have a "Grocer Appreciation Day" set aside as a holiday. They would stay open that day though, so that those celebrating, would be well fed.

In that same vein, how are we able to produce enough tomatoes to make all that catsup. I cannot comprehend how many chickens it takes a day for all the poultry products, and chicken for the Colonel and everyone else, a billion a day? We  take food for granted here in the USA. And if you have no money for food, the government will give you food stamps to buy it. We should say a "Thank You" every day for the farmers, processors, shippers and grocers that enable us to live the life that we do.

I wonder, how many people, went to work today, because of "football?" A humungous industry, and it produces noting, but entertainment. Comes right around to advertisers who want to sell their product, on those shelves I talked about above here.