Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Thursday, August 29, 2013

Kickoff Time ..............


The start of another football season. When I watch the last games of the season, I always wonder, will I be around for the next one. Looks like I am going to make another one. Many sportscasters and "analysts" are on the sports network now, going over last season, and how that is going to relate to this season. One comment, all of those I have seen so far, are wearing nice shirts and tie.

A  game tonight, North Carolina and South Carolina, will watch the Gamecocks. Also Tulsa at Bowling Green, those are usually good games, will be switching back and forth, and the US Open,, will be doing a lot of switching. I remember the day we had to get up and change station at the set. Then we got a set that had the controller on a long cord, you could lay on the couch and change channels from there, how great was that. Soon, I will be sitting here and THINK I would rather watch another channel, and it will happen. At least, tonight, I can wat one and record one, maybe even watch one here on the laptop.

The High School season starts tonight, Columbus, Ohio is excited, "Football Friday Night" is the rage, an exciting time of the year. But it comes and goes fast. Walmart will soon have their Spring stuff out.

Thank You for giving me another football season to watch ...............