Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Thursday, August 28, 2014

The BIG Kickoff Game ......

I hope this isn't a precursor to the rest of the season. They advertised a football game, the Chick-fil-a Kickoff Game, or some such thing .... I endured thirty minutes of "pre-game" ..... gonna be nice and just say comments. Then, in a sparsely filled stadium, Boise State and Old Miss started playing ...... football. It was pathetic, fights, penalties, sloppy play, the ref's whistles were the only noise in the stadium .... but, commercials, plenty of commercials and then, in between the commercials, a very sloppily planed football game. I am thankful that they are televising a lot of high school games, and I am already SICK of hearing about the NEW PLAYOFF SYSTEM .... The First Year of the NEW Playoff System .... and then, they try to explain how it is going to work. It is so great that only God could have come up with such an idea.

I am also in an unenviable position back in the back with my little TV. My wife is watching a movie on her set, When she does that I can only watch the channel I had on when she started her movie ... so I am stuck with the Chickfila thing until her movie is over.

So, here I am, on the laptop. After this, I will do the dishes and clean up the kitchen. I would bake a cake, but, I would eat most of it and I am trying to cut down on such things.

At least, I have lived to see another football season ... at this age, one always wonders .... will I .... in this case I did .... the game tonight, at least it was not on BLUE carpet ............

I see they have another similar game coming up on the 30th .... how many Kickoffs can we have?