Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Wednesday Morning Thoughts

First, I made a mistake yesterday, Mo'ne Davis plays tonight, and she will pitch.What a great story she is. Nice to see her story, we need more such stories in this day and age of riots and looting, oddly enough, they are finding out, not by locals of that town, but outsiders who came in to "stock up" on certain items. Jesse and Al and all are there, making a living .... off of .... showing up.

A great new TV show about to air, body painting, what a great idea. Tats are popular, ink is in, nudity is always great ... take a peek at this show, should be a winner.

Kids were out waiting for the school bus this morning, a bus just went by, the start of the school season. It was a very short Summer, indeed.

I am still shocked at obama's complete lack of respect for his office and the military by not attending the funeral of one of HIS generals. As CIC it was his duty to attend, he played golf, and thought nothing of it. I personally find that appalling.

My spell check does not underline obama or president when I don't capitalize them.

I'm doing a lot of staring this morning, just looking out of the window, old people do a lot of that. I should be cleaning up the kitchen and doing my housework, which doubles as my "cardio" workout, but I am in a pensive mood. Nothing to do today except watch Little League game tonight. I have the "stares" also, eighty years of thoughts are running around in my head, it's a quiet time. Ambition level is low,  just sitting and staring. Concerns, yes there are some in the picture. But, what can I do. All that is going on in the world is out of my control. The telephone has rung twice, I let them both go to voice mail. One, I think we won a "trip" ... a FREE cruise, I think we have to pay the tax or something.