Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Friday, August 29, 2014

I am sorry, but, we are so spoiled ...........

Again, I am in awe of being an American living in this country. We are so spoiled. I did a blog earlier on the millions walking and living in tents in Syria. The Ebola problem, terrorists, turmoil in the world.

And then, my wife was doing a "demo" at our local Krogers, and I walked in to the back of the store to get her cart. Product everywhere, floor to ceiling, potato chips, chips of all sorts, food, food, food, soda of all sorts, stacks of wine and beer, food of all descriptions, stacked everywhere. And, we are one little store in Newark, Ohio. Well, it is a big store, but the amount of food coming in the back and going out the front is staggering. We are so spoiled.

Friday, the start of a holiday weekend, SS checks coming in, I guess time for the welfare checks, and the big l    o     n     g     weekend, Labor Day already. A comment ... fireman do a great job, but WHY, on a busy Friday, before a long weekend, do they feel they have to BLOCK traffic, collecting money in a boot. I am always way to furious to consider even giving them a dime. I don't even know if they do the Telethon thing anymore.

I just wish those three millions homeless, wondering Syrians could take a trip through Krogers. I've commented before, years ago an exchange student was coming to this country from South American somewhere. I picked her up and was to take her to the family that she would be staying with. She saw a McDonalds. She was 15 or 16 or so, had never had a Big Mac, had heard of them, never had one. I was awestruck, took her in, ordered, and told everyone that she had never had a Big Mac. I was much more awed by it than they were.

Can you imagine, taking a lady, from Syria, who had just walked fifty miles or so, leaving her country behind, walked in the hot desert son with her four children, little to no food, little to no future .... walking in to all of the abundance and variety of foods. Give me one good BIG lottery hit and I will assure you, some from somewhere will experience that.

I wonder what would happen if all of the money spent this weekend on the "holiday" all the trips, boat trips, airlines, were somehow funneled in to helping ... if everyone who was planning a cruise, would help feed a family, with all that money, somewhere ... all the donors would have is memories ..... think what that hungry family would experience. Memories are great, food is greater, to a hungry person. Your memories die with you, a legacy of "giving" is never forgotten.