Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Some random Tuesday thoughts ...

WARNING - CRIME WATCH NEIGHBORHOOD  -  CAUTION BLIND PEDESTRIAN AREA

Two signs I noticed this morning .... Does the top one mean you should dress better, shower and clean up because they are watching you. C'mon, they are watching you, look sharp.

Does the second one mean there are blind people in the area or does it have to do with conditions in the area. If it is the first, then does that mean that there should be signs indicating: DEAF - IGNORANT, there are many words that could fit in there.

Does bottled WATER have an expiration date on it? I never checked. Still wondering about those outside water displays at Speedway. One is 24 bottles for $3.99 and the one next to it is $$4.99, what could make a $1 difference? If there is an expiration date, what do you do with "expired" water, pour it out and let it evaporate? My wife got me a coke, on the label it states .... "Share a Coke with Leslie."  If I find her will she want to drink out of my bottle. I don't carry glasses with me so it lets out pouring. I knew a Leslie fifty years of so, ago, I don't know how to find her now. I think it was Bob Hope's real name, but, we know he is gone.

Not sure of the time, but the BIGGEST news story of the day pitches today. Mo'ne Davis and her team play in the LLWS today. She is the biggest story in the news. Be sure to be a part of it. My guess they will have 40,000 or more on hand today, plus millions watching her on TV. A great story, don't be the one that does not watch ........