Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Friday, August 22, 2014

Daddy, I know what I want to be.

"Daddy, I wanna be a policeman when I grow up!"

"Why not a fireman?"

What advice for this kid. It is probably better than wanting to be a politician. With that thought in mind, what is the difference between being a cop and a politician?

At least, being a politician you don't have to think, just do what you are told. On that thought, there are mainly good policemen, some bad, but no good politicians. By the time you decide to be a politician, or get elected, it is already too late. Being on Welfare and being a Politician are one in the same. They both lived off of the labors of others. However, there is probably less fraud in the welfare system. "Hi Senator, have you ever worked in your life, or always been a politician."

"Sir, I can answer that in one brief sentence, what is your name again. I have been in public service all of my life trying to do what is best for those who have voted for me and supported me with their generous cash donations. Here is my card, sir, and a web address where you can send, if desired, money to my  campaign committee, which will be put to good use, in keeping me in office so that I may uphold all of the values that we hold dear. I will do all I can to make sure our schools are sound, our children get a good education, and then, I want jobs, right here in our state, good jobs, I want to bring them all back from China and Japan. And, I want to bring our boys and girls back from the fighting overseas, and a system that will take care of them when they return, and I want them to have an educational opportunity also. so that when the get their new job, their taxes will be less, and their  hospitalization second to none in the world so that they can live in their new home safe and secure and their children get the education they deserve. Miss Hanley here, my private secretary and I share the same ...... values.

"Dad, I decided I want to be a priest,"

"Oh, about that, Junior."