Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Sunday, August 31, 2014

Henry, Oh my God, Billy said he wants to be a politician!

One of a Mother's worst fears, he could have sold drugs or stolen cars, but a politician, what will we tell everyone.

"I think he gets that from your side of the family Helen, not mine."

"No Henry, remember that great uncle of yours, he was a horse thief and a cheat and he gambled and cheated on his wife, that is where this all comes from, all those traits and now a politician, I can't face my friends anymore. Oh why couldn't he have been a pimp like your uncle Louis?"

FDR was the first President that I remember, I didn't know he was a politician, just the President, I didn't know what a politician was, anyway. I suppose I didn't really get interested in politics, oh, many years ago, when I started doing printing for them, and then they got my advice on the graphics involved, then some correcting, and then some writing. I have done work for both parties, so I got involved with the "game" and not a particular team.

There used to be some basics, family picture, community involvement and depending on the office certain other elements were required, basically, all positives for the candidate. Look what it has degenerated to now, all negative about the opponent, little to no positives.

I used to hold office holders in high esteem .... that is ..... until ... I learned of their real agenda. A free ride. I no longer have any respect for anyone entering in to politics. Once then enter that "door" .... they can never return. They are dependent on the world to take care of them. Carefully chosen words mean something, but in general, words are "filler" .... just political rhetoric, I say the most, the loudest and I win elections. Plus, I learn how to play the game. A politician knows which side of the bread the butter is on, he plays the game, and that is what it is. A game well played will take you to unknown heights.

There have been a few instances in my life, where I knew someone, had respect for them .... and then, they entered the political ring. I lost much, if not all, of that respect. It is akin to entering a "life of crime." In a number of cases, that is exactly what happened.

I knew some guys at The Citadel, Army Brats, Dad was an officer, they lived on bases, all over the world, they knew nothing but the military way. By the time they got to college they were almost robots, order takers, no initiative on their own. Politicians fall in to the category. Nice image, very vocal, fancy words, but nothing but hot air.

In my soon to be 82 years, I have lost, all, much, some, .... respect for Politicians, Evangelists and Coaches. In some way, their careers are involved with money .... no loyalty, no morals, no .... many other words which don't come to mind, but lacking, in all of them, integrity .... "Please don't use that word around me, it makes me uneasy, OK?"

Billy is on a road to ..... ??????