Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Monday, August 18, 2014

Obama appeals for calm from protesters, law enforcement in Ferguson, Missouri

obama makes a presidential decision. "Well, they brought my golf cart out, and, well, I wanted a better one, a new one, nothing but the best, so I had that kid take it back and get me a better one. I waited a while and I saw him coming, it looked new. I had the SS men go over it, they checked it out, so I got it and looked around. There was this thing of some kind on the dash, I asked the boy, what it was. He told me, a cup holder ... great idea, send Holder to Missouri ... hey starter, sign us up for another round tomorrow, I''ll be free."

Chastising both protesters and law enforcement in addressing the chaos unfolding in Ferguson, Missouri, President Obama called for a peaceful way forward in the wake of demonstrations responding to the recent shooting of an unarmed black teenager.

Mr. Obama said it’s clear the vast majority of protesters responding to the shooting death of 18-year-old Michael Brown are peaceful and he understands the passions and anger that exist, but that actions by a small minority are undermining the broader cause.

“Giving in to that anger by looting or carrying guns, and even attacking the police, only … serves to raise tensions and stir chaos,” he said. “It undermines, rather than advancing justice.”

Mr. Obama also said the public’s constitutional rights to speak freely, to assemble and to report in the press “must be vigilantly safeguarded, especially in moments like these.”