Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Monday, September 30, 2013

Monday Morning ,,,, a rainy Monday Morning in Ohio

First, today is my Birthday, turned 81. I remember, around 1950, knew someone who was 81, we were concerned if someone that age should drive. Longevity secrets, don't know any. I listen to a "regression" tape 3 nights a week as I go to sleep. I listen a lot to music from the 40's and 50's, it takes me back, and, I don't think of myself as being in my 80's. I thank Him, morning, noon and night, for allowing me to be here.

Johnnie Mathis, my favorite singer, has a birthday today, only he is a few years younger.

Have said it before, going to do it again. Not sure where you live, I can tell where my "hits" come from, and the variety of countries is hard to believe. So I didn't know where everyone lives. But, if you live in, the USA, you are near a supermarket of some sort. We have Krogers and Walmart and Aldi, within a few blocks.

My wife did a "demo" yesterday, at Krogers, was there for a couple of hours setting her up and getting all the product she needed. I spent time in front, and in the back of the store. If you have a supermarket near you, you have no idea how lucky you are. I am always in awe of the variety and quantity  of products to choose from. For all the product on the shelves, there is almost an equal amount, constantly arriving at the store, to replenish, when the products on the shelves are gone. It is an awesome chain of events. Almost inconceivable if you start to analyze it. The variety is always growing with new products. And this Krogers is just one, in the North end of Newark.

I also cannot imagine how so much product is produced to  keep all of the stores, worldwide, stocked. And I forget the calculated amount of waste. I cannot imagine how much Heinz Catsup has to be produced to keep all the shelves stocked.

I occasionally "thank" employees for what they and their store is doing to offer me such a variety of products, and so many of them.

We have a grocery selection, "fit for a King" and take it for granted.  Thank your grocer, you really don't know lucky you really are ..........