Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Monday, September 23, 2013

FUN ..... revisited

Fun, just posted that Peanuts art, got me to thinking, when last did I have "fun" .... just fun, no worries, clear head, no problems, just unabashed ........... FUN. I am not sure when my last totally carefree days was. I've had some that seemed that way, after a gin and tonic or two, or a few "Buds," but those don't count. those are man made.

I've been married, off and on, since '53, so that takes care of about sixty years. I do remember though, late 50's, between Reno and Virginia City, there was a drive off area, and for the longest time, I sat out on a ledge, very high up, looking out at the beautiful surrounding mountains and country side. Sat there for an hour or so, not a worry in the world, just enjoying His handiwork.

I remember also, some very early mornings in Reno, working graveyard, 3 to 11, and, on a break, going outside and watching the sun come up over the mountains, did that often.

Even, more recently, heading out to go fishing with Brad and Melissa, and some of those captured moments, looking out across the lake, even in Ohio, some fond moments and memories.

And vividly, a memory, on Mullett Lake, in Michigan, had most of the family with me, some I had not seen for so many years, I would go out on the pier that went out in to the lake, had a comfortable bench, and I would be out there every morning watching the sun come up over the lake.

Well, I'm sitting here now, looking at Miss Emma, my great grand daughter, she is asleep in a car seat contraption, nothing more beautiful than that sight .... a sleeping baby. Miss Brooklyn and my wife are going to have a "picnic", they are preparing for that mini crackers, some Brie, probably a lot more before they are done. I started that with her some time ago, now a "ritual" when Miss Brooklyn is here.

I guess my "sunsets" and "thank you" moments now revolve around Miss Brooklyn and Miss Emma, I guess I "thank" Him for letting me stay around long enough to spend time with them. I guess I should just be thankful for my "longevity." ........... "Thanks"