Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Thursday, September 26, 2013

Editorial of some kind ........

OK, why not write an editorial, about, well, what's on my mind ...... OK.

I was excited anticipating football season. Now, it's here. Maybe it's my age, but I don't care as much as I did. My life, and the world, will continue, regardless of the outcome of the games. I am sick of all the RHETORIC that accompanies the game, especially the commercials. It is basically one long commercial, occasionally interrupted by the game. And the commentary, endless, and the stats, they talk about anything they can think of. One group even critics the food surrounding the stadium. They talk prior to the game, and well after the game. Why don't they just admit it, it's now a TV show, about a football game. I think the games still last an hour, but, the network can do almost 8 hours, and just one game.

I think a lot of it is also, they play on a rug, a big green rug, some, even blue. They all wear different footwear, at least in the pros, some colleges all wear the same. I remember when linemen wore high black shoes, and long ago, everyone did. I think pictures of Unitas will attest to that. When I was a kid, I think around August, I would start buying all the magazines about the coming football season. The running backs, pictured doing a stiff arm, the kicker was pictured, kicking, and the linemen, in a stance, looking mean and terrible. SMU was a powerhouse, ARMY, NAVY, and of course, the B1G Ten, which then, was the BIG Ten. (One is a B one G Ten, and the other a BiG Ten). I still do not understand that and no one has been able to clear it up.

So much for now, wife has an appointment with the doctor to get her stitches taken out. Will cost BIG bucks and we will have to wait for a few hours in his ugly waiting room. Reminds me of a "house of ill repute" in Elko, Nevada. I always wonder who decorated it for him. Probably Arlena Dean, looks like something she would do .........

Oh, I have another one of those two pound pork tenderloin roasts slow cooking for six hours in the crock pot, getting hooked on those, so tender ............... even better, the leftovers while watching a game tonight ..... WNBA and football both tonight ........