Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Monday, September 30, 2013

9/30/13

Have had many nice birthday wishes today, good and bad living this long. Many I have known and come in contact with have passed on. So far, I have outlived many. All of my "heros" from bygone days have gone. All of my "radio" friends are gone. Most of my childhood memories are just that, progress has taken them away.

Through Facebook and Email, have heard from many. It is a bit sad that many have moved away, family and friends spread out all over the country. Too much "distance" involved. Via the internet, I have acquired many new friends, and been brought closer to some I have met becehinause and through the internet.

Both Johnny Mathis and I had birthdays today, he is a few years younger.

Compared to the alternative, being alive at 81 is great. 50 used to seem really old to me, 80 was ancient, now, I am there.

I realize that the road behind me is much longer than the road ahead, and what lies ahead is unknown ...

So, again, thanks for all the well wishes .....................