Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Yes, I saw Martin and Lewis in 1956

Sitting here watching TV, a show called "Jerry Lewis: Method to the Madness."

1954, I think, I was in the Navy, going to school in San Diego, California, and one of my classmates was a kid from Los Angeles, and occasionally we would go up to his house and spend the weekend.

His Dad was a Dentist, and on one particular weekend, the Dental Association was having an annual dinner. Now, you can imagine it was a big organization. On Saturday night, their big dinner, their entertainment, Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis.

They also were appearing at a theater in LA, and doing a Sunday show, and his Dad got me a ticket to see the show. I doubt that much, or any sleep after they did the show for the dentists, and when I saw them in the theater.

I had pretty good seats, and I will never forget that experience, it was mayhem. I don't know of all of their shows were unscripted, but for an hour and a half they just did whatever came to them. I laughed, hysterically, for the entire show.

So, yes, I had the pleasure of seeing Martin and Lewis, together, in their prime, shortly before they split up, the same year.