Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Monday, March 18, 2013

Indonesian Carrier Orders $24 Billion in Jets From Airbus


PARIS — Airbus said Monday that it had a received a record order for $24 billion worth of new single-aisle jets from the Indonesian low-cost airline Lion Air, marking a significant inroad for the European plane maker into one of Asia’s fastest-growing air travel markets that until now has been dominated by its American rival, Boeing.

The firm order, for 234 of the company’s popular A320- and A321-series jets, was announced by top executives of Airbus and Lion Air at a ceremony in Paris overseen by President François Hollande of France, and represents the largest single order of Airbus jets, both by value and number of planes.

This is how it all started ........

Hi, is this Lion Air, Benoit Durand here, with Airbus, and I was wondering if I could speak with someone in your order department?

What's that name again, Hadian Gunardi, sure, I'll hold.

Aw, yes, hi, Mr. Gunardo, I am Benoit Durand with Airbus, how are you today?

Great. The reason for my call, I just started in the sales department here, actually this is my first day, and I am making some calls on our clients to introduce myself, and well, to get my feet wet, so to speak. You are actually my first call.

Well, Benoit, that was the name, right, I wish you well, you are with a great company.

Well, thank you Mr. Gunardo, I just graduated from the Paris Sorbonne University, rather nervous, first day in sales and all, but wanted to touch bases with you, "drop a few things in the well and listen to them splash, so to speak."

Well it's nice to hear from you, what can I do for you.

Well, I was wondering if Lion Air had any plans in the future on ordering any of our new Airbus, which is quite a sensational aircraft, and is taking the industry by storm.

Actually Benoit, we are thinking about purchasing some of your single-aisle jets.

Great, I can help you with that, just how many were you thinking about?

About two hundred and thirty four of them ..... hello ..... Benoit, are you still there ....... hello ...... 

I'm sorry, we must have a bad connection, did, aw, aw, did you say, two hundred and thirty four of them, aw...............?

Yes, we figure about twenty four billion for all of them.

Is that about what you figure?

Hello, Benoit, are you alright, you seem to be hyperventilating, are you still there?