Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Monday, March 18, 2013

Another year has rolled around ...

I've made it.

I am at the advanced age where I sometimes wonder, when an event occurs, if I will be around to "see it next year."

I remember a year ago, March Madness, I wondered if I would be here to see it .... next year .... and, here I am, getting ready for a steady batch of ........... college basketball. I already have my ESPN brackets picked, with Indiana taking it all.

I have stocked up on "mini-toasts," trail bologna, Swiss cheese, Brie Cheese. This year NO candy, NO salted goodies, NO beer, NO soda pop, nothing sugary or salted.

I have cut WAY down on sugar and salt, no soda pop, no pretzels or chips, and a lot of "skillet" dinners with meat, mushrooms and a lot of veggies, sauteed in just a little olive oil, fresh olive oil.

My wife had to go on a low salt a few months ago, so we did and cut out the sugar. Lost 15 pounds, no dizziness upon standing, much more energy, and in general, good health. And I don't miss them. When we go get a burger we order fries with NO SALT. They drop some in the basket, deep fry them, and serve them, with no salt. You don't really know how good they are till you eat them with no salt.

My advice, cut down on sugar and salt, especially if you are old ... or even young. I have been able to cut back on some pills I take also. Just a suggestion.

Let's get on with the games ................