Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Thursday, March 21, 2013

Memories, memories, tales of long ago ............


I remember one occasion twenty or so years ago, I was in trouble. I forgot our wedding anniversary. Marilyn was really mad.

We had talked about getting her a car for some time, and she told me,  "Tomorrow morning, I want to see a gift in the driveway that goes from 0 to 200 in 6 seconds, and Joseph (she called me Joseph when she was mad at me)  AND IT BETTER BE THERE!"

We didn't have the money for a car, so I thought I would be cute. Next morning I got up early and headed for Newark Leader.

I had it figured so that when Marilyn woke up, she would look out the window and see a box gift-wrapped in the middle of the driveway.

I guess she hurriedly put on her robe and ran out to the driveway and brought the box back in the house.

She opened it and found a brand new bathroom scale  I had gotten for her.Well, it went from 0 to 200 in under six seconds. I thought it was clever and she would laugh at it.

It took a while, some nice dining out, and we did get her a Ford Convertible, but we never divorced.