Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Sunday, March 17, 2013

Sorry, more on parking lots ......

Things are happening in this world, today, that need serious discussion, but, my topic. People leaving shopping carts in the lot, just where they were last used. I am just wondering why some leave them, and some put them in the "used cart place," for lack of a better word.

Oddly enough, I Goggled the subject, and I am not alone, others have written on the same subject.

Best answer, "I had my kids in the car and could not leave them." "I was just too tired to walk all that way back." "It was raining too hard." "My Mom never did and neither do I."

My theory, you are "borrowing" the cart, and it should be taken back to where it came from. If you borrow something you should take it back.

I generally, if one is nearby, or if one is standing, all alone, in the lot, I push it into the store and use it, fill it up with groceries, wheel them to my car, and, when done, place it into the "done using it corral."

After an extensive survey, done by myself, women are more inclined to leave their carts in the parking lot, I think. Men look longer for a "good" parking spot.

Why don't ALL "parking lot cart picker uppers" wear reflective vests? All of Walmart's do, some other stores don't.

Differtne names at different stores ....  shopping cart pusher, mule, cart mover, cart puller, cart retriever, trolley mule, or even a shopping cart collector.

One store that I know of is smart. You have to put a quarter in to get a cart, and take it back to get your quarter back. I noticed in the East, intentionally or not, there are just enough carts to go around. Incoming customers see one in the lot and take it in with them, they never sit in the lot long, smart.

That is more than anyone needs to know about parking lots.