Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Saturday, March 30, 2013

Saturday morning viewing ..........

Saturday morning in Ohio, the sun is out, the TV is on, I am watching Curling, the Women's World Championship, Gold Medal Match, coming from Riga, Latvia. First, I had Tiga, and it was red underlined, is now, and I changed it to Riga. Now, how did the computer really know that? Is there nowhere called Tiga? (another red line) amazing.

Anyway, I am watching Curling, and watching outside, checking the progress of the Sun as it comes over our roof and melts the ice on the windshield of our cars.

Almost all of these curlers are cute, not sure if that is a prerequisite or not, and they all seem very agile. I don't know how they stand and walk on the ice with such ease. I do know that they wear different shoes, one smooth and one not, I guess. They actually look like they are skating, but without skates.

What they want the "stone" to do, and what it actually does, with the help of the "sweepers" is truly remarkable, a game of fractions of an inch and speed control that is incredible. I remember "the angle of reflection equal the angle of incidence. When shooting pool, my Dad always reminded me of that.

These women are incredible and I am not even sure what they are doing, but I know they are doing it well, such intense expressions.

I still marvel at how they are able to stand on the ice. Camera is above, and ads and logos are frozen under the ice. How clever. Ford is apparently a big sponsor.

Wikipedia: Curling is a sport in which players slide stones across a sheet of ice towards a target area which is segmented into four rings.

It won't become a major sport, but you have to be impressed with what they do, and on ice no less.