Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Sunday, December 15, 2013

I apologize ...... to my Wife, Marilyn

A public apology to Marilyn Dooley, my wife .......

This morning, she was getting ready to go to work. She has worked part time at Harry and David during the holidays, for quite a few years. She enjoys it. She looks forward to it.

This morning, it was icy, sleeting a bit, around 9:15, I went out to de-ice her car and get it warming up. It was raining a bit, very icy, the door was frozen shut on her car, and it was cold, ice everywhere. I was mad at the weather.

To say the least, I was a bit "curt" with her.

I helped her out to her car, not being nice to her, bitching a bit because she was going to drive on the ice. I don't now what I thought she should do, but I just, well "bitched." As she was buckking up in her car, she commented, "You could at least have been a little bit supportive."

Well, that thought has been running through my head all day. Yes, I could have, and should have.

My wife is in her late 70's, a cancer survivor, married to me for almost 50 years, been a good wife, mother, grandmother and great grandmother, and friend. I should have been supportive, instead of bitching, about her driving to work, in bad weather, being on the phone for eight hours, hearing complaints from disgruntled customers, walking out to her cold car, tonight around 8, and driving home, only to get some sleep, and do it again tomorrow, only for ten hours, instead of eight, and what did I do, bitch at her.

I should have driven her to work and picked her up. Poor me, I don't like driving at night anymore, poor me.

When she gets home, tonight, I am having a roast chicken, mashed potatoes, peas, hot crescent rolls and ice cream and pound cake for dessert, in an attempt to "make up" for not being "supportive" of my wife/

Yes, I am!