Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Tuesday, December 17, 2013

12/17

Almost a week till Christmas. What a wondrous time this used to be, 70 years ago. There is little, anymore, to remind me of all those past Christmas's. Very little resembles those bygone days. Heavily decorated department stores are a thing of the past, those front windows that I gazed in to, nose pressed to the glass, admiring all of those animated Christmas displays. Live trees for sale on every corner, I have not seen one place this year. The odor of pine in the house.

Many of my memories were associated with the "Birth" Mary and Joseph, the Nativity. Have not seen one, or a mention of one, yet this year. It is cold, there is snow, must be the Christmas season. That is all there is to remind me of those days, cold and snow.

Tomorrow, Jessie Maud Shannon Dooley's birthday, the day we trimmed out tree, in those days. I have written of my Mom in the past. Many birthdays I forget, but hers, never, the week before the BIG day.

I am at the age in life where I look forward to December 26, and put an end to the "selling season." I am fed up with all the ads on TV and  my computer and in the mail. The "Marketing" Season, and it gets worse every year.