Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Friday, December 20, 2013

Friday

Friday morning, around 7:30. the world is very "quiet" outside, rather dreary, but warmer this morning.. I is "quiet" ... no TV or radio yet, I put my laptop on my lap, duh, where else, glanced down at the date ..... 12/20 ..... I was allowed to experience an old, old, momentary glimpse of myself, many years ago, "OH, five days till Christmas." I thank YOU for letting that happen, it was a beautiful experience.

Remember that "anticipation" when you were a child, you couldn't wait, it was agony. Oh, the wonders of youth. My Mom was responsible for many of those memories, it was she who made them special, her decorations around the house, the visits to friends, to church, it was she who wanted to make sure that we had good memories. I was fortunate to have a Mom and Dad like I did.

We had "carolers" last night, I didn't know who they were till they left, they handed me a little sack which I opened later on. Turned out they were the people who manage our apartment complex, it was a surprise when they knocked, they were singing "We wish you a merry Christmas," and it was a while till I got over the shock. It was an unexpected surprise. Unfortunately, their next surprise will occur when we sign a new lease, and learn of our annual rent increase, then I may sing to them, a different song, though. If I can't figure out some way to generate some income from the web, we may not be able to afford that increase. Ho, Ho, Ho.

I see the Mandela "signer" is hospitalized,  we have 35 Bowl Games to watch, $$$$$ and 25 more, probably all in warm climates. Ryan O'Neal gets the Warhol painting, it was his, and that's all he got.

Have a nice day .................