Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Thursday, December 26, 2013

The Morning After - Christmas

How was the dinner I fixed, you ask? Well, the turkey did not cook long enough. I went by that pop-up thing, which I never do, took it out, and not done properly. My Green Beans, which I am famous for, and always a big hit .... well, Walmart had Ham Hocks, reduced, only a buck, I bought 4 nice big hocks. I thought they would be "marvelous." They fell apart while cooking, many little bones and had no flavor. (On my behalf, I was not feeling that good yesterday, did not taste the beans or the dressing, which I always do). Fortunately someone brought a ham and REAL mashed potatoes, so they went well. I hope I live till next Thanksgiving and can redeem myself.

All of the sad stories on the news this morning, FedEx and UPS underestimated millions of packages and their delivery time. The news showed one lady and her family, sitting, dejectedly in a present absent living room, she apparently had ordered everything off the internet with Christmas Eve delivery, and none of it showed up. My Mom used to shop at Rikes, during the month of December, hid the presents in the attic. Her only problem, she would forget one or two that she had hidden and then find them, sometime during the year, and even she was surprised.

I am sitting here, looking t our little Christmas tree and decorations of the season, minimal decorating in comparison to the "old days." They certainly lose significance the day "after." May take them back to their fifty week resting place, and get ready for Spring. It is cold but the Sun is shining brightly. /they are hyping up March Madness already on the sports channels and the basketball season is barely under way. Spring Training, baseball season, they are advertising some new shows airing this Spring, so it must be getting near.

Took some trash to the dumpster, it ain't Spring ............ forgot I had shorts on ..........