Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Thursday, December 26, 2013

A gift to last a lifetime ... as long as you don't get too much exposure

Well, I had some people on my Christmas List that, well, they have everything. So, what to do, what to get them, something that they may not have.

Then, it hit me, Uranium Ore. I doubt that any of them had a can of this laying around the house.

It was a bit pricey, $39.95, but it was reduced down from $49.95, so, I saved $10 right there.

Uranium Ore samples are useful for testing Geiger Counters, and in checking further, they are License exempt.

I quietly checked around to see if any of my friends had Geiger Counters, and I was pleasantly surprised to find out that many of them did, so this sample of "low level" radioactive material would come in handy for them.

I called the post office and they concurred, that if the item is shipped in accordance with Postal Service activity limits, specified in Publication 52 and if the Radioactive minerals are for educational and scientific use only, and to test and calibrate their Geiger Counter, then the shipping was, in fact, legal.

I am including a little "Thank You" card with each gift, to be signed and returned, stating that the recipient of the gift had no intention of, well, making a bomb, or anything like that, just to be on the safe side. "Thanks for the gift, I will not use it in the preparation of making an explosive device of any kind."