Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Saturday, November 23, 2013

SMI - 11/23/13

Another Saturday morning, cold and cloudy in Ahia this morning, a little on the gloomy side, but we are supposed to see the sun some today.

If you read my blog yesterday, you are aware of my theory on the Kennedy assassination. I have always felt it was somehow an "internal" event. Shortly after it happened, I shared my thoughts with some friends, some scoffed, some agreed. I think now, after a 50th Anniversary of great proportions, I am in more agreement with myself than ever.

If, he was in fact, facing a terminal illness, he would have been known as the President who served a few years, got sick, suffered, and passed on. Not a very impressive legacy to leave. But now, this way, we celebrate his "assassination" every year, and this year, the 50th Anniversary of his Assassination. And, we still remember him as the young, vibrant, charismatic President, husband and father.

What greater legacy than that. Was it planned by his father, his family? We will probably never know, but in my opinion, yes.

Thanksgiving in a few days, in a way I love this upcoming season, and, in a way, I dread it. I look forward to fixing the diner, having the family that is here in Newark, for diner, but, as a "worrier" I am  glad when it is over. I always think of those who have nothing, no home, no job, perhaps a dinner offered to them by some well meaning agency or individual. A few moments with a good hot meal, some fond memories, relived, then, back to reality. I think of my fond memories as a child, the warmth of a nice home, a loving family, a table loaded with fine hot food, and have to wonder what memories those children will have.

When I dream of hitting the lottery, that one that was 500 million, I wondered how much "good" I could do with that, how many families could I help, how many homeless could I get off the streets. Every cold Winter night, I envision some small child, huddled with a brother or sister, trying to sleep on the ground, and more so, about their future. I honestly don't see how Obama can sleep at night as long as some child is hungry, homeless, living under a bridge. Or, how can any of us?

For those reading this that do celebrate the Day, a Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. Love and Peace to the rest of my readers, all over the world.