Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Saturday, November 16, 2013

SMI - 11/16/13

Cloudy  in Ohio, and not that cold, so not a bad day, just a little on the dreary side.

Ohio State, as expected is "ripping" Illinois. I am beginning to think that OSU is perhaps the best college team in the country. Their schedule is their worst enemy. They have to wait for someone to "fall" rather than anything they can do. What is the purpose of football at a university? Earle Bruce, ex Ohio State coach I heard him recently on a talk show, loudly comment that their purpose is to "win games for the glory of the university." I imagine that a few "prospects" thought twice about going to school there, they want to look ahead to the NFL. Present OSU coach has his eyes only on a National Championship. Seems like more of a feather in his cap than any benefit to the school. And, why not, he is the highest paid employee at Ohio State. So we know who he is looking out for.

Why is football so popular? Sports is probably one of the largest industries in the country.  I think that many years ago it was a "club" sport. As I recall, one college in Minnesota, years ago, some guys showed up on Saturday and played whoever their opponent was. No practice, they ust got together, had a good time, and played the game, and, they still had nice crowds. Now, some high schools in Texas had multi million dollar stadiums, they live, eat and breathe football. I wonder if the schools have graduations for their scholars. I digress here, check out those Indiana helmets. What new process was invented to do those graphics. 

"Sporoting goods" is not a bad industry to invest in. Who came up with "new" uniforms for every game. Some marketing guy did a heck of a job there. They play on colored rugs, with gaudy graphics in the end zones with contrasting uniforms. Under those helmets, behind those "guards" soon, you will be seeing sunglasses .... "Hey, aw, coach, all that glare .... and a .... all those colors .... well, I be color blind and .. a well ... I think I be hittin some a our guys, them colors is purty but they reely bother me ... a coach."

Xrays indicated a deposit of some kind at the base of my spine, years ago. Having a lot of "new"hurt back there, movement brings it on. Sitting here now, no pain whatsoever. Some  times when I get up and walk, BIG paid, sometimes not so much. Anyone have any advice?

I hope all have a nice weekend, Say a prayer, perhaps send some aid to those in the Philippines. Oh, yes, Christmas has started, the "Bell Ringers" are out in front of Kroger's. I wish I had a NPO.