Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Sunday, November 24, 2013

Sunday Afternoon

It is now around 1:30 on this Sunday afternoon, the sun is out, but it is bitter cold outside. I am sitting here, in one of those hypnotic quiet moods, no sound on the TV, the only sound is a slight ringing in my ears. The "quiet" is all around me. Oddly enough, I hear a clock ticking, and we have no clock that ticks. The quiet is quite loud, if that makes sense.

I look out the window on occasions, at that good friend, sunshine, and thoroughly enjoy this quiet. The TV tuner is about six feet away, so too far to reach for, the quiet and the sun, almost have me hypnotized, I am content just sitting, and looking out the window, this is peaceful.

I do hear the wind howling occasionally, I probably have not closed the front windows all the way down, another thing to put on my "list." Not right now though, my body does not want to move, for a while.

No thoughts running through my head, yet there is a kaleidoscope of memories flashing though my head, seems line 80 years of memories has flashed by. I am almost frozen in time yet, my eyes are darting around the room, taking in all of the images. 

Above photo is my view as I sit here. That little table, my Dad made, it is loaded with memories. Picture of my Brother, Mom and Dad, each item on there is a memory. Dice from Reno, a JOE buckle from Wyoming, that little bottle has a small boat in it, a souvenir from Canada, a tintype photo of my Grandfather Caleb, an Oakwood High School buckle from the 40's, a cup from Brad and Bernie, some items from Melissa.A birthday card I saved, to remind me that I am 81. The lamp has been around for 60 or 70 years, Mom liked it. 

On the wall in front of me, one back of me, and to my left, are mementos of the rest of my family and kids. Memories are good, quiet is good, hard to find a place that is really .... quiet. I remember back years ago, the old First UB Church in Dayton, on a few occasions, sat in the church, and learned what "quiet" actually was.

I am now being bothered by, a fly. I have eliminated many of them. I bought two fly swatters yesterday, one in the kitchen and one next to me. I have allowed this one fly to stay for a while, just to remind me that they exist. They did, however, apparently, scare the gnats away. In an earlier blog I told of my training of the  fflys to eat the gnats, I made that up. But the gnats are gone and I just have this one fly left. He is becoming a bother though.

I must get to work, I have to move a dining room full of items and place them back in the spare bedroom, which is probably where most of them came from originally. Need the dining room for Thursday. It is truly amazing how many items we can amass in a period of time. I just sneezed, nothing breaks a "spell" like sneezing, and, this last fly is really beginning to bother me. I think he is suicidal and is "flirting" with his demise, which may come soon.