Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Friday, November 22, 2013

Fifty years .........................

Fifty years, I remember that day as well as any, during my 81 years, that day is etched in my memory. I was only aware, at that time, at the enormity of the event, and it has grown in importance since then. CBS, is going to recreate that day again, as it unfolded then, today, starting at the appropriate time. I can think of no other event in our history that is given so much importance.

To me, he was what I felt was the first approachable president that we had during my time. Much of this has to do with my age. FDR was a God-like personage. I heard of him daily, during the war, on the radio. He was unapproachable.
oys.
HST, a name, just a man, but still, the president, and, my interest in politics then, was minimal. Much of my time then was devoted to "other things" and politics was something I had little to no interest in, life was good, no worries. 61 63

He was elected president in 1961, my Nevada years. A lot of what I heard of him and his activities, I could associate with, he was human. It was rumored that he may even have "visited" the Cal Neva, up at the lake, and his association with Marilyn Monroe, and others. He knew Frank, and many of the "boys."

He did a lot while in office, but unfortunately for him, he will be mostly remembered  for being assassinated in Dallas, Texas.

Pearl Harbor, Kennedy, Elvis, Dr. King, Coach Woody hitting the opponent, a young high school girl I worked with, upon my arriving at work said to me, "You Mom is dead." My Mom was my first "loss" in the family. It was her first time to tell someone that, just direct and to the point. Most of those moments are involved with the death of someone, I guess that is the "final," worst thing that can happen.

But, I can dell you exactly where I was standing and what I was doing, when I heard the news of Kennedy, still vivid, after 50 years.

I've had enough of "those" moments, I want no more of them.