Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Memories, Memories, tales of long ago .........

I was sitting here, naturally, watching the Lone Ranger, he's over, now Roy and Dale .... anyway, I was contemplating a whole lifetime, not just mine, everyone's. One thing that we all have, and cannot be taken away, by anyone, just a hideous condition, is our memory. Unfortunately, when we pass on, the memory is also gone. So, in reality, it is only for the living.

We spend an entire lifetime building up our memories. We work, get married, have families, take vacations, we build up memories, every second of every day of our lives, and then, in that one fleeting moment, it is gone, erased, none of it lingers on, anywhere.

They were showing people from around the world, vacationing in exotic places, spending obscene amounts of money, to generate memories, memories which will ultimately fade away.

I guess I worry about people, the homeless, the hungry, millions of them around the world. Now, we have billionaires, where we used to have millionaires, all the while, we more more hungry, homeless more penniless people in the world. Billionaires are grouping together and giving half of their billions away. A nice gesture, one has to wonder how that is going to work. Something is wrong when we have an "over abundance" of food, and we have "the hungry." Kroger's and other grocers, give their expired foods away, as do many other grocers. In my opinion, alone, all the "big boys," Walmart, Kroger's, etc, actually sell 2/3's of the edible product that they get in the back door, sell at the register, and go out the front door.

I've related it before, but one memorable moment in my life, revolved around an exchange student from, I think it was, South America, somewhere. She was staying with a family I knew, they could not pick her up, so I did, at the old bus station. It was determined that I would get her something to eat before taking her to their home. She wanted to go to a McDonald's, she had never been in one, wanted a Big Mack. I was astonished that in this day and age that someone had not eaten a Big Mack or ever been in a McDonald's. I told everyone there, "This is her FIRST Big Mack." I was in awe of her.

One of my better memories, now, for those who remember,  it will never die. How neat is that.