Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Friday, July 12, 2013

I just gotta have that on my car .........


Marketing and Advertising, they make the world go round ...............
Saw a TV commercial last night, Chevrolet, not sure which model.

The scenario. An attractive couple are looking for their car, in a parking lot which was the size of probably nine football fields, enormous, and it was covered. I have never and will never see one that large. But this couple had no trouble finding their car. She did something with her cell phone, I think, which led them to their car, in this vast, sea of cars. How handy and clever and practical is that? It was a selling point on their caar.

I am going to buy that car so I can find my car when I park it in a gigantic parking lot.

When will I park in a lot that large, well, probably never, but if I do. I, for one, have never lost a car in a parking lot. I have had to look on a few occasions. I got off the elevator on the wrong level at a multi level parking lot once, but I have never lost a car.

I wonder what a new car would cost, if it was just a car. Mechanical windows, a plain motor, four tires, no radio, just a plain car. Perhaps the government will not allow them to produce such a car. That "catalytic converter" thing is expensive, all the emission things are expensive, all the safety features are expensive.

I do not like the new headlights though, way too bright to oncoming cars.

Oh, yesterday I saw a guy mowing his grass, had a very small yard, he had a riding mower, one of the BIG, sharp turning, two handle jobs, looked like about three passes and he was done. I wonder who convinced he he needed one that big, and how they did it.