Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Monday, July 29, 2013

Monday Morning Ramblings

PREDICTION: Anthony Weiner will be the next Mayor of New York City. With all the publicity he is getting, good, bad or indifferent, he is a shoo in to win. I have faith in voters, regardless of locale, they will vote for the name they see the most often, and that is his. The voters of New York City will forgive him for his transgressions, they will elect him and say, "Show us what you got." And, he will.

When, how and why, did pet departments and stores become so popular? I had a dog most of my life, I don't remember ever getting or feeding him dog food, I don't remember ever feeding him, for that matter. I think Rags ate leftovers, maybe my Mom fed him and I didn't know about it. A few years ago, our local Walmart had a small section of the store, in a far corner, devoted to pet stuff. Now I think it is the largest department in the store, or at lease one of them. Is that all Marketing and Advertising and Television rearing its head.

What marketing genius came up with "Christmas in July"? Instead of two months, the holiday now has at least three months to rake in the bucks. Late July, talking about "Back to School" already, Halloween stuff will be out soon, they Christmas Season again, and the year is over. How time flies.

Bliitz Cloth: Anyone know what that is? It was a very important item to me at one period in my life. It is a polish cloth. It was a part of life at The Citadel when I went to school there. Polished all of our brass with one, and we wore a lot of it.

Ohio State Fair already in progress. Runs longer and earlier every year. Summer just seems like a long weekend anymore. The "Long, Hot, Summer" is a thing of the past. Years ago it seemed like a lifetime between school getting out and school starting.

Crime is alive and well in Columbus, Ohio. A few murders, a number of shootings, two young boys have been shooting a few people, they caught them in Dayton, I guess. Large jewel theft in the French Riviera, lone guy, got 53 millions or so, in little time, and all the unarmed guards watched him do it. I admire someone with guts like that.