Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Monday, July 22, 2013

Dear Abby..........

DEAR ABBY: My husband retired and we thought we were fulfilling our lifetime dream when we moved to the beach, but our dream has turned into a nightmare. Our family never wanted to visit us this often before.

When they come, no one even brings along so much as a bottle of water. My grocery bill has skyrocketed, and I'm sick of playing the role of cook and maid while they have a wonderful time.

I'm ready to move back to our hometown. At least there I had a life besides cooking and cleaning. My husband wants to live here because it's his dream, but I can't take another year of this. The workload is killing me.

I have been a fool for putting up with everyone having a carefree vacation at my expense. I'm so angry I'm ready to leave my husband with his dream. The last three years have been hell. When friends and family ask why I left, should I tell them, or keep my mouth shut and build a peaceful life by myself? -- RUNNING FOR MY LIFE

I can relate to this somewhat. My Mom and Dad built their retirement home, 200 acres and nice large pond loaded with fish. PEOPLE take advantage of opportunity. 

One morning a man stopped by to see Dad. His young son had some illness, might not live long, he would love to go fishing.... He and his son fished, then his uncle arrived, within two hours, his family arrived, in three cars, brought grills, food and fishing poles. By evening they had taken over a portion of the lake opposite from the house. Fortunately they never asked to come back. 

A minister, who lived down the road, stopped by early one Saturday morning and asked if he and his daughter and a few others could fish. I was there, and told him, "We are having a family picnic out here around five." His reply, "Oh, that's OK, you won't bother us." Actually, they never fishes and were never heard from again.

Satisfaction came unexpectedly one day. A friend of a friend, a good Mormon, incidentally, asked if he could come out and cut some firewood. Dad often allowed this, so no problem. "Don't cut along the road on either side, no big trees, etc., etc., etc. We all left, went in to town. When we came back, there was his nice new truck, with a nice sized oak tree sitting on his caved in roof, right where we told him NOT to cut. Satisfaction. Then they towed him away, he never asked to come back.

My advice to RUNNING FOR MY LIFE ..... lock the door and close the blinds or sell the damn place and move in to a retirement village .............. maybe get rid of that inconsiderate husband, life is too short ....................