Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Saturday, September 13, 2014

Woody and the Rock

Woody Hayes and Knute Rockne were talking this evening at the Heavenly Sports Bar, while watching the Notre Dame/Purdue football game on the Heavenly TV Network.

"Woody, did you see the helmets, all that printing on them, I hated the jerseys and the pants, and those shoes, gold shoes .... what has happened, where are the black shoes ?"

"Knute, I see the same problem in Columbus. Last week it looked like they made their helmets out of sardine cans, I don't recognize shirts and pants at all, they are playing on a damned piece of carpet, they have changed the stadium all around the damned coach is making over a million dollars a year."

"Now when the coaches get fired they get all gusseyed up and go to work for some TV station pretending like they know what they are talking about. An they change jobs every year or two. That guy coaching my old team walked out on his last team on the night they were playing in a bowl game, and they sure got a passle of bowl games anymore ...... they really look kinda sissified in them gold shoes, at least some oh them appear to be high tops. Hell Woody, I coached my whole career at Notre Dame, how long were you at Ohio State .... and what they hell is that with the The Ohio State?"

"I was there, well, I think, 28 years, Rock, I did a couple of years each at Denison and Miami before I went to to Ohio State. Yeh, a lot of them boys are wearin golf high tops .... you are right though .... them do't look like a Notre Dame team in those uniforms .... I gotta admit, at first I didn't know which team was which till I saw that ND on their shoulders ... naw, we're relics Rock ..... they've forgotten us by now .... it's a whole new world."

"What is that about that damned band director .... he got fired and don't wanaa leave ... he's still bellyachin about it .... I' bet if his wife divorced him he wouldn't want to leave the house .... wonder what his unemployment is............?"