Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Tuesday, September 16, 2014

I'm the new coach ..............

OK, fellas, gather round here .... I want to introduce myself .... I'm Jim Runyan, some fellas call me Big Jim ...... I just prefer Coach, as, well, I am your new Coach as of now. I have a TV conference in a few minuses, but I wanted to go over some things with you guys before I do that. Oh, hi there Bronco, take a seat, nice to see you again.

As you all can guess, I'm gonna be an "old school" kinda coach, so, well, I've talked it over with the owners and the staff, and there are a few changes gonna have to happen, or, well, you are out of the program.

Well, I've done some research on my own, an one things that is gonna happen, and I mean this ... well, think about it, after a lot of plays you guys are butting helmets. Well, concussions are a big thing now, and my policy is that there is enough helmet to helmet during the game, we do not need any after the play. A pat on the back, shake hands, for some of you guys that came out, maybe even a pat on the butt, but, and I mean this ..... no more contact of any kind to the helmet.

I want you guys to present a professional image out there .... you guys are big time, professional football players. Many of you played little league, high school, then college, and made it to the pros. So, our new policy is gonna be, after you make a tackle or break up a pass .... well, at the end of a play, act like you've done it before, pretend like it is not the first time you sacked a quarterback. There will be no more of the ........ dancing, gyrating, all them dance things you guys have been doin. I want people to think that this ain't the first time you done somethin.

Now, especially you guys who came out, none of them sissy moven round things. An you, Curley, I think your name is .... you are one of the guys who has come out .... I noticed you in that last game, well you was blowen kisses to the crowd ... an that thing you did with your butt, well, no more, ain't gonna be none of that.

From now on, I want you guys to act like professional football players, experienced guys, like you done all this before, not a bunch a sissy dancers, an Charley, one more a them poses of yours and you are off to the CFL ..... OK guys .... I gotta go to makeup an get ready for my TV interview, Mike Ditka is gonna be there ...............