Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Saturday, September 13, 2014

I'm down to four filters .......

I don't know how long ago it was but, I bought coffee filters. That gigantic package of plastic wrapped filters, "I'll never have to buy filters again." Well, I only have four left. I think it is the third time, as I recall, that I remember buying them and thinking that. When I was younger it never concerned me, at my advanced age, I think that way. I don't know what time frame we are talking about, but, thank God, I need coffee filters, again.

Cloudy in Ohio this morning, a "Football Saturday in Ohio." Today the Buckeyes take on the powerhouse from Kent State. 28,998 students to choose from at Kent State, 56,000 at Ohio State, which has a budget of well over 50 million each year. The stadium will be filled, another record day of beer sales for surrounding vendors, they will humiliate a bunch of guys who are in college for an education, Kent State will add a million or so to their coffers, and OSU fans will once again smile, after their humiliating defeat of last week. Coach Meyer in his "post game" interview will state that they are dead on for the national championship, Columbus TV will smile again, and the aluminum re-cyclers have another week's work.

Poor, pathetic Johnathan Waters, the fired OSU band director who has difficulty facing reality, will apparently make an appearance on campus today in the alumni band. He was fired by OSU, but wants his job back. Why would you want to work for someone who fired you? And he has threatened to sue the university. In Reno, I know guys that got fired because the owner did not like their appearance, or the way the payed bets, or handled the silver. But, he liked his job, perhaps the best in the country. I am sympathetic with his cause, but I know the meaning of "being fired."

Baseball players don't want to wear protectors on their bating helmets because of a vision thing. A few get hit in the face each year. Football players don't want to get hit with opponents helmets. TV is expanding their coverage to high schools, to get MORE interest in football. There are too many concussions in football. Football is too violent, so to show this, TV is  showing many, many more games, high school, college, professional ... just to show how violent the sport is. One side benefit of this is additional revenue.

The SUN is out in Ohio, a nice Fall day. Watching .... Breakfast with the College Football Experts. I admire their ability to talk ....... endlessly ...... about ..... hundreds of things ..... that they really, probably know nothing about .... but ..... they have a leetle thing in their ear that makes them knowledgeable about a plethora of topics ..............