Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Monday, September 29, 2014

Birthday Eve - 2014

Why mention my birthday, well, it doesn't seem possible that it is mine, awesome that I have lived so long.  And, trust me, it goes by so very fast.

I am wondering, this morning, how many are around that will remember that the 30th of September is the birthday of ..... me, Joe Dooley. I have to wonder if Jeanne or Donna is still around, they would remember, my wives at one time. Jean would be in Nevada or possibly California, Donna, no idea.

I know Jim Madison will remember, and, we are worried about him. Have not heard from him for a while, and two Michigan losses have brought no response from him. He is in Oklahoma, and a family member, much like a son to us.

I think Ernie in California remembers the date. I was in the Navy with him, we had some good times together, did some "double dating" .... in Mexico, Rosarita Beach, and he drove us to my first wedding, in Yuma, Arizona. That was in '53, I think. We lost track of each other, I got a call once, "You may not remember me ...." .... "Ernie ?" .... never forgotten, and so thankful he got my phone number, he is the last "memory" of that time in my life.

I know that Joe Francis is gone, not sure about Hoot, or Jerry, Don Eammelli has passed on, Danny Fagan is gone, Fitz and Meta. My only link to that time is Dwayne Kling, who I have gotten to know recently.

But, I have lived here in Newark for over 50 years, I know that because we have an Anniversary coming up soon, married 50 years to my best friend, Marilyn, so, we have been together much longer than my "past." So, most of my life is still alive and well .... four kids, New York, New Jersey, Charlotte, NC, and one her in Newark ... four grandkids, and two great grandkids, so, in reality, I am blessed and thankful.

Yesterday, at Krogers, saw Jeff Kreager, a friend ... we chatted briefly ... he said he had seen someone, my name came up ... "Is he dead?" First time I have heard that, another "milestone" I guess, past my time ...............