Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Some things I wished I had asked ...... along the way

Much later in life, I have often wondered, and wished I had asked (I probably never would have, I never gave it any thought until later on) ....... My Dad ..... Why, did you choose to specialize in ..... Obstetrics? Give some thought to that. Was he the brunt of a lot of jokes ..... "Ah Dooley" ..... I can imagine many jokes.

I have wondered why someone would become a Proctologist, or a Urologist ..... an Obstetrician, well, you see what I'm getting at. In my much younger days, with thoughts of going in to medicine, I looked favorably of being ....... a Dermatologist. As an Obstetrician, my Dad was often paged and had to leave a game, was called to the hospital at any hour of the day .... his practice and patients came first. I doubt a Dermatologist has ever had an emergency call. Rub this on, wash with this, cover with this, try these pills, take these ....... I give up, here, see this "Shrink" you have an emotional problem.

Orville, why did you and Wilbur think you could fly?