Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Tuesday, September 16, 2014

One more ..... The National Anthem .... at sports eventsa

I saw a Facebook post the other day about performing the National Anthem before sporting events. I consider myself a good American. I have heard many, many renditions performed before sporting events .... and then ....

That heavy set comedian who will soon, I guess, be back on that TV show during the day .... I can't mention the name of it ...... my teeth ache just thinking of it .... and, I have not teeth, just dentures. But years ago SHE ...... I can't think of the word to use .... SHE .... offered her rendition of the song, in .......... I can't say voice ........ anyway she did the song before a Dodgers game....... it was ..... well, more than awful ..... worse than that ..... my opinion on topic started changing that day.

All my life I have attended "functions or events" of one kind or another. All preceded with The National Anthem, The Pledge of Allegiance, or a prayer ,,,, some sort of opening.

Now, no prayers, no pledge, and I am OK with no song. Why, way too many "interpretations" of the song ........ mostly really bad ones.

So, YES, I am all for NOT having the National Anthem performed before anything. Unless, they all were performed, in person or on a recording, by the US Army band ..... and, under fear of ejection from the event ........ no applauding or cheering until the song was concluded.

I think NONE is better than the sometimes brutal attempts to perform it ..............