Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Saturday, September 6, 2014

SMI 9/6/14

I am trying to get in to a "Saturday Morning" frame of mind. Not easy for some reason. Actually, around 9 in the morning, watching the ............ "Pre-game" football show, "Breakfast with the Experts" it should be called. Four hours or so of chatter, talk, now a very "leggy" attractive blond is interviewing some guy, could not tell what they were talking about, it was football, that I know. Not a "sexist" but why do the sideline folks, on TV, have to be women? I realize they also are fans, and can know much more than I do, but, there are a very few, well known, women, who played football. Lynn Swan, former Steeler, now, that was a sideline guy, or announcer, or whatever. How can some guy who has been coaching for thirty years, been a coach all his life, and here, this gorgeous blonde, showing an abundance of leg,  is talking to HIM .... about football.

Had a homesick pang last night, a football game from Reno, made me feel like I was "back in my Western home." I loved that city, many great memories there, a special time in my life. I wouldn't even recognize it today, but, I still have the memories.

The president and ISIS ... I know that I am concerned about ISIS .... and I know nothing about them, perhaps he does. I have heard that there are quite a few BIG airplanes missing. I wonder with satellites and all, how one can hide a gigantic airplane, but, apparently, someone has figured it out, could it be them?  I have no idea how man of them that there are, perhaps he does. Somehow, when he speaks ... I put no credibility to his words. I really don't know if he knows what is going on. I am concerned that we have an uneducated, uninformed leader, whose inability is going to be the ruination of this country .....

A thought, right now, 11:43, 9/6/2014, much of the country is concerned about ..... football .... what day was that, oh, yea, December 7, 1941 ..... that could never happen again ...... could it?