Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Saturday, March 1, 2014

Way to go ..... Roger

Brilliant Federer stuns Djokovic in Dubai

Dubai (AFP) - Roger Federer showed an enterprising new side to his game as he beat Novak Djokovic for the first time in 18 months and ended the top seed's defence of the Dubai Open title.

The record 17-time Grand Slam title winner beat the six-time major champion 3-6, 6-3, 6-2, turning the match around not only with scintillating groundstroke hitting but with some bold approaches to the net.

Djokovic looked the more likely winner when he got within a point of going a break up in the fifth game of the second set, but a couple of minutes later came a short rain delay which halted his momentum.

After that Federer's game rose to much higher levels, and his increasing willingness to come forward, which earned him 11 points from 17 net forays, seemed to bear the stamp of his new coach, Stefan Edberg.

"There was a buzz out there tonight, and I was able to enjoy myself with that crowd," five-time Dubai champion Federer said on court.

"For some reason I had a tough start but the crowd kept pushing me on and I played well. It's a quick court so I am always trying to be aggressive. I wish I could do Stefan's volleys, but I work with what I have."