Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Sunday, March 23, 2014

Quiet time

It is now ...... 9:30. I have been sitting here, on the couch, in our living room, since 8:00. NO TV on, no radio on, no stereo on, just me and the ............... "q u i e t."

There has not been a sound. It is not easy to find ...... "quiet" ......... anymore. What a blessing quiet can be. My "quiet" has led me to thoughts of my childhood, Sunday Mornings, my Mom and Dad, my Brother, the quiet has opened up a plethora of memories from my past.

I have not thought about the basketball tournament, or the missing airplane, nothing, just focusing on object my eyes fall upon here in our home.

There, on the glass top table that my Dad made for me,  is a wooden, carved foot, that was used to make my Mom her shoes when she was a child. There is my Dad's garrison hat from WWI, that he wore. On the wall, a plaque that Rebecca  Dooley, my Sister in Law, gave to my Mom and Dad when they moved here to Newark, dated 1961. A "Week" Clock, a gift from Jane Dooley, my niece, I check it regularly to see what day it is. The older I get, the more I use it.

Next to that a mirror, the frame is painted black, it is from a dresser of mine, purchased when I was born. That mirror is now well over 80 years old. So many memories when I look in that mirror, a whole lifetime of them.

It is not easy anymore to find "quiet." In some ways it is noisy, sounds in my head that are there. Some I can attribute to my sinuses. They are loud, but they are "quiet" noises. Quiet seems to make me use my eyes more, they dart around the room going from one object to another.

Quiet is good, it is memory time, a great way to spend a Sunday Morning  .....  with my 81 plus years of memories .... it is soooooo quiet.