Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Saturday, June 29, 2013

What goes around comes around - Ironic

ROCHESTER, MI—Hip-hop artist Marshall Mathers, a.k.a. Eminem, said he was left wholly terrified today after meeting his daughter Hailie’s new boyfriend Justin Denham, an 18-year-old who was reportedly raised on the rapper’s music.

Saying he could barely fathom the thought of Hailie, 17, with a man who ever enjoyed listening to, or was inspired by, his often misogynistic and violent lyrics, Eminem, 40, claimed he was disturbed from the second Denham said he was “a huge fan” of all of the rapper’s seven albums.

“Justin said I was his favorite artist when he was growing up, and now he wants to go out with my little girl,” said Eminem, telling reporters he didn’t even want to imagine what Denham’s views on relationships could possibly entail given his self-professed love of albums that include songs about mutilating women. “Honestly, I don’t really know what I’m supposed to do here. How am I supposed to let Hailie go out with a guy who says I was a huge influence on him and all of his friends?”

I spent some time with him a few years ago at a studio in New Jersey, which my Son owned. Eminem was to appear on an English TV show, "Top of the Pops" and at that time could not leave the country. My Son called and told me about it and invited me back for the shoot. At that time I had no idea who Eminem was, I thought he was shooting an M & M commercial. I met him, spent the day around him, made tea for him. He wanted herbal tea with honey. I fixed him a cup, he sipped it, set it down, later sipped it again and complained it was not hot enough. I fixed him another, served it to him, almost boiling, he sipped it, smiled, I know it hurt, it was really hot. He did some "nice" things during the day. In the list of things for "his" room we received from the BBC, M & M's. As per their request we had some lavish food catered in for them all, his band, Dido and her band, but they wanted Chicken McNuggets which we went out and got for them. I later found out her name was Dido and not Dildo. It was a big, fun shoot for the studio.