Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Sunday, June 23, 2013

George sheds a tear ............

I am wondering what human qualities it takes, or lack of such qualities, to take the wife and kids, jump on an airplane, and spend 100 million dollars of someone elses money. I honestly cannot conceive how and why, and the total lack of conscious in someone, to do this. There is no justification for such action.

I can see extravagance in someone who can afford to spend their own resources doing such a thing. They made the money, they can spend it however they wish, but not here.

But, given the present circumstances, there is no conceivable justification to do such a thing. Yet, they have the bold faced audacity to have a photograph taken, waving goodby, as they enter their airplane. This is totally unprecedented.

I see George and Abe and Harry and the rest of our presidents all sitting around and talking in a heavenly Starbucks, they must be appalled. "Hell, Bess and I drove home when I left," quipped Truman.

"I chopped firewood in the Winter," Lincoln chimmed in, "after Booth shot me, I thought it was a disgrace that they dragged me all over the country in that damn train, I don't know what that cost."

Gerald Ford commented, "Oh, sorry George didn't mean to spill that coffee on you, but the people would not have allowed any of us to spend that kind of money, what's this kid got that none of us had?"

George Washington, with tears in his eyes, commented, "Gentlemen, I was there at the start, we formed a strong government, we included God, a real God, and begged his guidance, and now, they have parted their association with him,  and, sadly, what we started, then, I can see crumbling down in the very near future. The People, no longer matter. I see one man, who has placed his own ambitions ahead of all else, and who has forgotten, We the People. That is why I shed these tears."